Who can believe that there are just 22 sleeps until Christmas? Whilst other parks may be closing up for the Winter season, at Maguires Country Parks we are open as ever during the festive period. All of our parks are open 52 weeks of the year for Holidays and Recreational Use, but as the weather gets colder it’s important to pay extra attention to your van. Here are a few tips if you are using your caravan over the winter months:
- At the end of each outing always drain the water system, toilet system and water heater. Remove the water filter as damp can turn to frost and cause permanent damage to the filter.
- If you wish to leave water in the system over winter use pipe lagging to protect the water pipes.
- As Butane Gas freezes at below 4 degrees C, you must use Propane.
- Keep the leisure battery charged and if in the same place for long periods, move the electric hook up cable to avoid it freezing.
- Ensure that all mechanical parts of the van are in top working order, including the brakes, the jockey wheel, the levelers and the handbrake.
- Ensure that any moving parts are well oiled and maintained.
Keeping with the winter theme, our chefs have been busy preparing the new festive menus at Maguires and it’s safe to say you’ll be delighted with the results: delicious soups and smoked salmon, monkfish, homemade pies, butterflied chicken and black forest gateau are just a few of the items on our menu – you’ll be spoilt for choice! To book a table for you and yours, contact Forget Me Not and Ord House directly.
Speaking of Christmas, what better way to treat yourself than with a new Caravan Holiday Home? Whether you’d like to upgrade your existing model or you’d like to take the first steps into Holiday Home ownership, then we can help.
If you’d like to see what is availalable at our parks, click on to our Caravans For Sale page, which has recently been updated. Here you can browse all of our fantastic new and pre-owned models as well as a wide selection of 2015 models from manufacturers such as Swift, Willerby, A.B.I, Pemberton & more. All of these can be sited at any of our parks – it is up to you! As ever, if you can’t find what you’re looking for then contact us, as we are able to source any new caravan from any UK manufacturer.
If Holiday Home ownership is something you’re interested in, but you’re not quite ready to take the plunge just yet, then why not ‘try before you buy’? We have two stunning holiday homes at Ord House Country Park that are available to rent – contact the park for more details.
Wishing you all the best for Christmas & New Year,
The Maguire Family.