Maguires Country Parks Safe & Secure Pledge – 17/05/2021 Update
With acres of beautiful countryside, surrounded by large open spaces our country parks are the perfect place to enjoy with friends and family.
We understand that the Coronavirus pandemic has left people with concerns about some aspects of visiting their holiday home or booking a holiday at one of our parks. That is why we have produced this ‘Safe and Secure Pledge’. Along with extra cleaning measures and implementing all government issued safety advice we hope it provides the reassurance you need throughout all areas of our parks.
Our pledge is set out below, along with what we will be asking of our owners and holidaymakers. We are confident that you will be happy with the changes we have made and hope that we can all enjoy our parks in a safe and secure way.
*Please note as further announcements are made, this advice will be reviewed and updated.
Arriving at the park
Our number one priority is keeping everyone safe. Please do not travel to the park if you, or anyone in your household, have COVID-19 symptoms.
Before arriving at the park, we will ask everyone to contact the office via email to inform them of your arrival and departure dates, we will also need the names and contact details of everyone in your group. We need to keep a record of who is at the park. Alternatively you use the Covid-19 app and scan the QR code displayed at the park daily.
If you are a touring holiday maker, please head to reception and we will give you directions to your pitch and all necessary information.
Essential shopping items owners may wish to bring are soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll, disinfectant, hand sanitiser. If owners bring their own supplies of food and drink this may reduce reliance and congestion in local shops
Out and about on the park.
We have introduced new hand sanitiser stations around our parks to help guests maintain good hand hygiene and signage to help guests find the nearest hand washing facilities.
Social contact guidance – update
- From 17 May, if you are meeting friends and family, you can make a personal choice on whether to keep your distance from them, but you should still be cautious. This advice applies to everyone, including people who are clinically extremely vulnerable and to pregnant women.
- The new guidance on meeting friends and family emphasise personal responsibility rather than government rules. Instead of instructing you to stay 2m apart from anyone you don’t live with, you are encouraged to exercise caution and consider the guidance on risks associated with COVID-19 and actions you can take to help keep you and your loved ones safe. Remember that the risks of close contact may be greater for some people than others and in some settings and circumstances, there will be specific guidance that you will need to follow even when you are with friends and family.
- Gathering limits will be eased. Outdoor gatherings will be limited to 30 people and indoor gatherings will be limited to 6 people or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible).
The offices are open although we are encouraging everyone to only contact the team by telephone or email. If you cannot get through straight away, leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.
If you do want to speak to us face to face you can make an appointment via telephone.
All gas bottle orders, and electric top ups can only be made over the phone.
All payments can be made over the phone.
Card payments only, we will no longer be accepting cash in our offices
Your holiday home.
We are so happy to have you back and we want you to relax and enjoy your holiday home. All we are asking of our owners is to use common sense around keeping your distance from others.
- Your holiday home can now be used by groups of up to 6 or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible)
Cooking is often the last thing on your mind while you are at your holiday home however third-party food deliveries will need to be collected outside the park at the moment.
A Couple of practical points for your holiday home:
- Make sure you flush through water systems to clear out stagnant water, especially shower heads which should be held away from the face to avoid inhaling spray.
- All bin points will remain in use, please adhere to social distancing guidelines, and follow government hand washing advice.
If you have any concerns at all while you at your holiday home, please do not hesitate to contact the park office and your park manager will be on hand to help you.
Cleaning and shared facilities
Keeping our beautiful parks clean is vital. Our cleaning teams will be focused on keeping all public areas clean on the park. They will focus on areas which are frequently touched such as door handles etc.
We are now able to offer shower facilities along with our toilets, laundry, water and waste disposal points. Please remain cautious and distant from others when using our facilities. Look out for the clear signage in these areas.
Areas will be cleaned using disinfectants proven to be effective against pathogens similar to Coronavirus. All our staff will have PPE such as facemasks, aprons, and gloves available to them.
Play parks and children
Family is at the heart of our business, and we welcome the return of yours to the park.
Playparks will be open, and they will be routinely cleaned throughout the day.
We ask that children be supervised at all times when out and about on the park or play areas.
Our Soft play area will remain closed at the moment.
Bar & Grill (where applicable)
Indoor hospitality venues such as restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes can reopen on the 17th of May.
We are really excited to welcome you back to our Bar & Grill!
Our number one priority is making sure our customers and teams are as safe as possible. We are operating table service in our Bar & Grill and have implemented all government safety guidance including the wearing of face coverings on entry and whenever you are away from your seat.
You may sit together in groups of up to 6 or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible) in our Bar & Grill.
We pledge to follow the guidelines given to us as closely as we can. If you see something that you do not think is quite right, please let us know and we will strive to fix it.
We want to welcome you all back as well as helping to control the spread of the virus. We are acutely aware that should the virus start to spread again that then we may be forced to take a step backwards and we can all agree that no one wants that. We believe that the common sense of our customers teamed with our new pledge and guidance will ensure that your Maguires Country Park remains the idyllic country retreat that you are used to enjoying.